Luchessa over at Beauty Expression by Luchessa tagged me in her Christmas Tag post yesterday. What a neat post! I haven’t seen one of these yet.
It’s a post full of 10 questions about Christmas (or whichever holiday you celebrate). I’ll tag people at the end to participate but don’t feel the pressure to. It’s just for fun. I’d love to read everyone’s responses but I understand that not everyone will want to do it :).
1) Which holiday do you celebrate? I celebrate Christmas. A couple of traditions we do every year are Elf on the Shelf and the pickle in the tree. Jayden named our Elf Larry and this is his first year with us. The pickle in the tree is a tradition we do at my moms. I haven’t bought my own pickle yet. It’s said to be a German tradition but the interwebz calls it a myth. Either way it’s fun to us.
2) What are you doing for the holidays this year? We’re not doing anything out of the ordinary this year. Santa is coming to visit Jayden on Christmas Eve night. I heard he’s bringing some awesome gifts! Jayden has been asking for a bike and a scooter for a few months now so we’ll see what Santa has up his sleeve ;). Christmas night we’re having a big dinner and inviting friends and family.
3) What’s your favorite holiday drink? Hot chocolate! I love hot chocolate. Especially with marshmallows or whipped cream on top. Yum!
4) Candy cane or Gingerbread men? I’m going to go with candy canes. I’m not a fan of anything ginger flavor. Bleck!
5) What’s your favorite holiday/Christmas song? 12 Days of Christmas. I’ve loved that song since I was little. My mom had a set of 12 ornaments with this song on them. I remember when I was little hanging one up a day and singing the song along.
6) What’s the weirdest gift you’ve ever received? I don’t normally get too weird of gifts but one year I received this foot scrubby thing. It has suction cups to stick to the bottom of your tub then you stick your foot in it and scrub it on the scrubby thingies in it. My feet are far too ticklish for this and it’s easier to just wash your feet with a loofah or whatever you use.
7) Have you ever made a snowman? I’m sad to say, no :(. I live in Florida where it never snows. I’ve been in the snow in another state a handful of times. But I’ve never been anywhere that it snows enough for me to build a snowman. Fun fact: I did get pelted in the stomach by a snowball when I was pregnant though.
8) What is your favorite winter fragrance? I love the smell of Christmas cookies and Christmas trees. I usually buy the Yankee Candles in these scents. Yum.
9) What is at the top of your list this Christmas? It’s a toss up between a new house or nail polish. I’m pretty sure I’m not getting a house this year so nail polish wins lol. I specifically want the Julep Gem Collection.
10) What is most important to you about the holidays? Spending time with family and watching my son get so excited over it all. Christmas is so new to him that every small thing makes him smile and sequel with excitement.
The blogs I’m tagging: